Just as the pandemic has battered businesses and brands, some businesses have chosen to double down on their customer service. Twenty-eight of these businesses receive the CXP Best Customer Experience Awards 2020 from leading customer experience portal, CXP Asia.
Recipients include 7-Eleven, Astro, CIMB Bank, Cuckoo, Lalamove, Miri Port Authority, Pharmaniaga Logistics, Starbucks and Taylor’s University.
Between July and September last year, some 20,000 Malaysian consumers were surveyed using the proprietary CXP Velocity Model to understand their purchasing journey and the level of experience they have received, as well as the ease with which their complains were addressed and the post-purchase service they received.
Businesses rated the highest by their own customers are then recognised with the CXP Best Customer Experience Awards, making this the only award to be judged solely by customers.
The survey has also offered some insights into the state of customer service in Malaysia:
- 82% of the respondents find customer service employees to be friendly and approachable
- 81% claimed their problems or complains are resolved quickly
- 81% would endorse the brand by recommending it to their family and friends
On the flip side, the survey also discovered some areas for improvement by Malaysian brands:
- 71% of the respondents find the ease of purchasing online unacceptable
- 75% respondents stated that the brands do not actively seek for their business post-purchase
Customer Experience Is The New Marketing
“In the past decades, customer experience has become transactional as ‘marketing’ has eclipsed the customer as the focus of a company. The internet changed that. Customer experience is seeing a rebound in importance as companies have shifted their focus on providing customers the attention, time and value-added service they deserve. Forging an emotional bond by engaging and understanding the customers on a more personal level is crucial for brands and businesses moving forward”, says Datuk William Ng, managing director of Business Media International, the company behind CXP Asia.
“When the focus returns to the customer; consumers benefit and the market is then driven by businesses’ ability to deliver rather than by the sheer size of their balance sheet”, Ng added.
The CXP Best Customer Excellence Awards will next be held in Hong Kong and Singapore, with the CXP Velocity consumer survey currently being conducted in these two markets. The next survey cycle for Malaysia will be from July to September this year.
The Awards is held with the support of research firm Smith Zander, with the support of CX technology provider Everise and Marketing Magazine.
CXP Best Customer Experience AwardsTM 2020 Malaysia’s Winners
- Berjaya Starbucks Coffee Company Sdn Bhd
- Carousell Malaysia
- CIMB Bank Berhad
- CUCKOO International (MAL) Sdn Bhd
- Domino’s Pizza Malaysia
- FedEx Malaysia
- Green Packet Berhad
- Hewlett Packard Malaysia Sdn Bhd
- Home Product Centre (M) Sdn Bhd
- Lalamove Malaysia
- Maserati Malaysia (Naza Italia – Maserati)
- MCIS Life
- Miri Port Authority
- Ninja Van Malaysia
- Nippon Paint (M) Sdn Bhd
- Nirvana Asia Group
- Pharmaniaga Logistics Sdn Bhd
- Poh Kong Jewellers
- Samsung Malaysia Electronics
- Senheng Electric (KL) Sdn Bhd
- Taylor’s University
- Telekom Malaysia Berhad
- UEM Sunrise Berhad
- Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS (UTP)
- 7-Eleven Malaysia